Friday, July 22, 2011

What are these Weight Watcher (WW) points on recipes?

So, last march I started updating something called weight watcher points for my recipes. Ever wondered what these are? If you are outside the US chances are that you are not so familiar with weight watchers, a weight loss system that works! Weight watchers is a system that allocates its members certain number of points that can be consumed in the form of food each day.Every food has its own points plus value and one needs to track what he/she eats everyday to get the total point plus consumed for the day. And by staying within the points plus value allocated (based on age/weight and other individual factors) and by getting easy to moderate level exercise every week along with weekly weigh in to track the weight, the system guarantees weight loss and is true to its words.And why have I become a weight watchers spokes person all of a sudden? Because it worked on me and I want to share with others!I am an Indian residing in the US and when I started WW last march, it was tough for me track points for the stuff I ate. Mainly because most of the Indian foods are prepared with a number of ingredients and almost always from scratch and much of it was not even available on the weight watchers database ( which is central to US foods) for me to add. So there I was entering in my own tracker( provided by WW) , my recipes from breakfast/lunch and dinner to get the point plus values for the meals we Indians consumed from day to day.Many who saw my progress asked if we could still eat all foods including Indian and still follow WW to lose weight. To all those with the same question, my blog is the answer.I wish WW would become a little more famous in India with the increasing weight among folks due to sedentary IT lifestyle.I would love to work for them there if they do start up in India ;) (The have recently done in China, so why not India?? ) . 

6 comments:

  1. I heard it works, but never tried, though I need to lose a bit. Yes, true, they should be mroe aware now in India too as I have seen obesity in kids in India as well, these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The natural ingredients of Sea veg make the product a quality food supplement that can supply required organic compound to our body. Newseaveg.com offers Sea Veg, a natural food supplement with 100% organic products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a point of the old program (online only) 4 years ago to lose about 40 pounds with success. I held off, mostly during the holidays, but it got to the point where I have to watch what I eat or buy new pants. So I decided to do WW again just 3 months or so to remind myself (again) how much I eat.
    dreambox sky

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey I chanced upon your blog :) you have a great blog going.. no updates though in very long? will you write again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.


    Gastric Band Surgery Glasgow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing such a important information. It is really helpful to me. http://aasthahealthcare.com/Bariatric-Surgery-Mumbai.html

    ReplyDelete