Friday, April 29, 2011

#9 Tindora/Ivy Gourd/Kovakkai fry - 1 pp for 100gms on Weight watchers!


I Must be dreaming !  OUCH ! Just pinched myself and seems like NOT. Ok, yes, this tindora/kovakkai/Ivy gourd fry is simply 1pp per 100gms! What can I say, I am falling in love all over again !! This journey has been brilliant so far. It enables me to discover a whole new way of looking @ food, enjoying it and still reducing my weight. I have been eating Tindora forever now, but only now i realize that she could be a best friend for the rest of my life. I must agree that the dicing part kind of frustrates me, but it is so worth it! Though  I have diced the veggie in a circular fashion on this pic, these days I have learnt that dicing it lengthwise makes things much easier! :D .Love the fry with my Roti (Indian wheat tortilla) or even love to stuff my Corn Tortilla with the ivy gourd fry along with a tsp of low fat sour cream and roll it up!

You would need :
250 gms of washed and diced (tindora/ivy gourd)
1/4 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
oil to drizzle

How to Make
- Drizzle oil in a pan and heat it
- split mustard , add the diced ivy gourd
- mix in the chilli powder and salt ,close the pan with a lid and fry
- To get a  slightly crunchy taste on ivy gourd, take out the lid when cooked and let it fry for a few more minutes on medium flame.


3 comments:

  1. wow..tempting n yummy fry..
    first time here..awesome space you have..interesting recipes..
    Am your new follower now..
    do stop by mine sometime..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummmm & tempting!!! Nice space u have here sweets...Sure to drop by again & again :)
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete