Tuesday, April 19, 2011

#7 Losing weight eating Brown Rice


Rice is staple for us Asians and to not be able to eat it for dieting purpose is rather a difficult task. Like  I am always telling, to me losing weight should be on par with my lifestyle and I always like to make changes that I would be comfortable with in the long run. That helps me be consistent and stick to my WLJ (weight loss journey) . In the past  I had tried to stop eating rice to  lose some weight, but it never ever worked for me.Mostly I would just lose all the determination when I am extremely tempted and as a result indulge more than ever and gain all and more pounds back. :p . But this time it is for keeps. I chose to omit White rice and added to my diet brown rice instead. A cup of cooked brown rice keeps me more satisfied and for longer period of time.It has such an earthy flavor to it that I am in love with! For those have not tried brown rice, you either end up loving it or hating it at the first try. Although. it will not be long before you get used to the flavor and crave for the taste more than white rice. Brown rice was my savior while I was trying to get used to portion control. Nothing else would fill me up more. Now, I am at a point where I can eat just one cup of  cooked white rice even  and be completely satisfied with it! And I am so proud of it! The best way to try brown rice would be to make some fried rice by stir frying 2 cups diced assorted vegetables of your choice with salt,1 green chilli or jalapeno peppers,1/2 tspn of ginger/garlic paste ,Garam Masala and mixing cooked brown rice with it. Topping it with some cilantro leaves gives it a biryani flavor!

1 comment:

  1. First time here....
    lovely post...
    U have a wonderful space, glad to follow u :)

    Check my space when u find time...

    ReplyDelete