Wednesday, March 30, 2011

#3- Iam Losing weight eating - Fruit Sandwich for breakfast!


What I have learnt since I started my weight loss regime Jan 21 this year is that breakfast is not only a brain food but also the fuel that kick starts your metabolism for the day.The heavier it is, the better for you will not binge into an early lunch which will result in a strong mid afternoon craving that will ultimately result in a disaster dining. OK, maybe I was a little too dramatic there, but the fact is I have been eating breakfast consistently (and mostly fruits and whole grain bread in the morning) for the past 2 months and a week and it has helped me stick on to my regime. With good choice of foods and exercises, I have lost 14 pounds so far, that would mean a little over 6 Kg. The baby weight and my own weight is finally coming off, yaay! The really cool thing about fruit sandwich is that it is easy to fix for breakfast before I leave for work, healthy and delicious on the taste bud. Yeah, I love fruits and that is why my earlier post was also about the same. I try to eat at least one serving fresh fruit a day if not more. I have also discovered that diligently eating fruit along with optimum water intake makes my skin glow! Anyway, coming back to the fruit sandwich here in the picture - I love to make them with 100 % whole grain whole wheat bread that has no sugar ( the grains are so yumm!). When I started off with these, I used sliced cantaloupe,strawberries and I have moved on to using oranges and other berries as well. I love to cut up a slice into two halves, place the fruits on one side, top off with 1 tsp maple syrup ( or honey ) and close it. Some more of fruits that cannot be stuffed in go as my side along with 1/2 glass of milk or 1 glass of vegetable juice, whichever is available. An hour later, I take my tea ( made with 1/4 cup milk ) or decaf coffee . Try it and fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment