Monday, September 6, 2010

Sabzi Polo recipe - Discovering Persian food


My love for food and my interest for trying out vegetarian varieties of other cuisines landed me on this Persian delicacy .My Aunt suggested this to me, while I was never too fond of Persian after I had a bad experience at one of the Persian restaurants , Iam now slowly growing to love their food for their flavours! "Polo" in the name is probably what they refer to like in the Indian version of "Pulao"? Anyway, a quick fix and great on the taste bud , this is one of my latest favourites!

Ingredients for Sabzi Polo

1 1/2 cup of rice (long grain preferred)
1/4 bunch cilantro
1/2 bunch parsley
1/2 bunch green onions
1/2 bunch fenugreek leaves
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp butter
41/2 cups of water
Ground Black Pepper
Salt to taste

How to Make..
1) Bring the water to boil and add the washed rice. Let the rice cook just until it surfaces above the water.
2) Mix the chopped veggies with turmeric,salt/pepper and add it to the above.
3) Add butter to the rice and mix and let cook in simmer for 15 minutes.

Serve with side of your choice and enjoy! I made the Indian Salad which I will post shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment