Thursday, January 15, 2009

Paneer Masala with Green Peas




Paneer peas masala is my all time favourite. I could eat paneer everyday and still not get bored.
The only thing that I did not like previously about this was the way I was cooking it.
I used to fry the paneer and god, looking at the oil would make me nauseous . Also, kept this aside for weekends as it was taking too much time on a weekday.Until , one day when my mom just re-visited this recipe for me.. Am glad cause it takes much lesser time and is twice as tasty!


Ingredients:
1 Onion
2 tomatoes

200 gm of frozen/fresh peas
1 tbspn oil
1 tbspn ginger/garlic paste
1 tbspn cumin seeds (Jeera)
1 1/4 tbspn chilli powder
1/2 tbpn garam masala
1 cup paneer cut into cubes
1/2 tbspn kasuri methi
salt to taste
1) Soak the paneer in hot water for 5 minutes with little turmeric and keep aside
2) Fry the onion and tomatoes until the raw smell goes and grind to paste.
3)In a pressure cooker, heat oil and put the cumin seeds, fry till golden brown and add ginger garlic paste. After a minute, add the chilli powder immediately followed by the ground onion/tomato paste. Fry briefly for a minute, add 1/2 cup of water ,peas, paneer cubes (no need to fry!), salt and garam masala . Stir well, close the pressure cooker and let cook for 2 whistles.
4) Open when the pressure pan cools down and add kasuri methi . Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with Jeera rice or Chapati .











No comments:

Post a Comment